How’s My Feedback exists so that anyone can share their experience or views about online feedback, ratings or reviews sites. We aim to publish as many of these experiences and views as we can. However, sometimes we may need to make some changes to contributions or even reject them, in order to stay within the law and the aims of this site. Here are the guidelines we use to do this.
There are two principles which guide the How’s My Feedback editorial policy:
- Enable a clear, constructive public conversation about online feedback.
- Treat the services under discussion legally and fairly.
These principles guide our decisions. There are guidelines that come from these principles, which help us to decide if and how we should edit or reject a contribution.
Enable a clear, constructive public conversation about online feedback
To ensure the conversation is constructive, we may:
- Reject postings which are primarily commercial, obscene or irrelevant.
- Reject postings containing personal or defamatory attacks on other contributors
- Remove obscene or offensive language, including racist, sexist, homophobic or other discriminatory material.
To ensure the conversation is clear, we may:
- Replace upper case (CAPITALS) text with mixed case.
- Make minor changes to spelling, punctuation or layout to improve readability.
- Limit the length of extremely long postings
Treat the services under discussion legally and fairly
To ensure services under discussion are treated legally and fairly we may:
- Reject postings which may be defamatory or in breach of copyright or other laws
Oxford/Sheffield, 30 June 2011